Google officially launched Android 12 in October, 2021. As is the case with any major OS update, there may be a couple hiccups...
This article covers troubleshooting steps and potential solutions related to Android 12.
Check In-App Settings
If you're having trouble logging in on a consistent basis, we recommend ensuring that links within Atera open externally before attempting any of the other potential solutions below. If you're unable to log in, please see the potential solutions below.
Set Links to Open Externally
1. Go to Settings > Apps / Apps & notifications > Default apps.
2. Select Opening links.
3. Enable Open links in apps.
4. Select the Atera app.
5. Enable Open supported links.
6. Select Supported web addresses.
Android WebView is a system application that allows you to display web content directly in whatever app you're using. If you're unable to log in to Atera, you may need to update WebView via the Google Play Store
So you've discovered the wonders of uninterrupted YouTube videos and the ability to dodge heckling popups with an adblocker...
While this is typically something to celebrate, there's a small chance your adblocker is preventing Atera from launching Auth0. Disable your adblocker temporarily and try logging in again.
Reset Permissions via App Preferences
Unlike clearing the cache and storage (below), resetting app preferences won't delete any saved data.
1. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > All apps.
2. Tap the ellipses icon and select Reset app preferences.
Clear Cache and Storage
Follow these steps to clear the cache and storage for Google Play Services and Google Services Framework.
1. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications> All apps.
2. Tap the ellipses icon and select Show system.
3. Clear the storage and cache for Google Play Services. Confirm.
4. Clear the storage and cache for Google Services Framework. Confirm.
5. Restart your device.
If you're still having difficulties logging in to Atera, or are experiencing general mobile app issues, please contact support