Splashtop SOS is one of two remote support tools that Atera offers through Splashtop. Splashtop SOS is used for attended remote support (end user is required to be at their computer). For unattended access, see Splashtop remote access
Connect with Splashtop SOS
To activate and use the 'Quick Connect' feature in Atera (Splashtop SOS) you'll need to:
- Purchase the 'Splashtop Business' application from Splashtop directly (or sign up for the free trial) at http://www.splashtop.com/sos. Then download and install it.
- Send your customer this Splashtop link: sos.splashtop.com (and tell 'em to click it). Have the customer provide you with the 9-digit code that appears after the application runs.
Once the above steps are complete, you're ready to connect to the end user's device using Splashtop SOS.
To connect to a device with Splashtop SOS:
1. Click the user profile in the top, right-hand corner of the screen. Then click Quick Connect.
The Quick Connect - Splashtop SOS window appears.
2. Enter the 9-digit customer session code that your customer gave you.
3. Enter your Splashtop account email.
Note: This needs to be the same email address that you used to register with Atera.
4. Click Connect. The Open Splashtop Business OOBE prompt appears.
5. Click Open Splashtop Business OOBE.