Note: The Helpdesk Agent is available on Windows workstations only.
- Activate Helpdesk Agent on a single device
- Activate Helpdesk Agents on all customer devices
Once the Helpdesk Agent has been activated, the customers will need to authenticate the Helpdesk Agent (for the purpose of identity confirmation).
To activate Helpdesk Agent on a single device:
|1. From the left hand panel click Devices|
|2. Then click on the Device / Agent. The Agent Page displays.|
|3. Click Manage > Helpdesk Agent > Activate|
To activate the Helpdesk agent on all or some of your customers' devices:
1. From the left hand panel, click Customers.
|2. Then click the Customer Name.|
|The Customer page appears.|
3. Click the Devices tab > All tab (if not displayed by default).
|4. Select the specific device(s) or select all devices, by checking the boxes, then click the icon.
The Helpdesk Agent screen appears.
|5. Select Activate, then click Apply.|
|The Helpdesk Agent icon is now be active, and should appear on the taskbar of the specific device(s).|
The customer now has two options to create a ticket:
- Create a ticket by using a hotkey
- Create a ticket via Customer Portal
Note: Customers will need to authenticate the Helpdesk Agent before they can open a ticket for the first time (one-time only). See below for instructions.
Authenticate the Helpdesk Agent (instructions for the customer)
To initiate the one-time authentication process:
1. Right click on the Helpdesk Agent, and select Personal Settings. The Personal Info Settings screen appears.
2. Fill in your full name and email address, and click Send Token. A token will be emailed to you (for purposes of identity confirmation).
3. Check your email to obtain the confirmation token, then enter it into the Confirmation Token box on the Personal Settings screen, and click Save. You can now open tickets and utilize all the features of the Customer Portal.
Create a ticket by using a hotkey (instructions for the customer)
|1. Press CTRL+F12 on the keyboard|
Create a ticket via Customer Portal (instructions for the customer)
|1. Right click on the Helpdesk Agent|
|2. Click on Create New Ticket|
|The Add Ticket form displays - the customer can now enter a new ticket.|