The hardware you want to perform recovery to must be the same model as the original. Some differences are critical (for example, different drivers), others are not (for example, the new hardware can have more disk space than the original hardware).
You can try recovery to dissimilar hardware at your own risk but we cannot guarantee that all the features will function correctly.
- The operating system must be the same as the original.
- The build versions and service packs must be the same.
- (for domain controllers) An empty Active Directory must be available (you can create it using DCPromo).
- Install the Online Backup Client device that was used for System State backups (Restore-Only Mode Installation is recommended).
- (for domain controllers) Reboot the machine in Directory Services Restore Mode.
- Recover the System state data source.
- When the recovery process is completed, reboot the machine to apply the changes.
After that, you can switch the Online Backup Client to the full backup and recovery mode to continue backups on the new computer.