The Patch Management feature enables you to easily install patch updates on your customers' devices. You can install patches directly from the Devices page or from within the Agent Console. Additionally, you can schedule automated patching.
To access Patch Management from the Devices page:
1. Navigate to Devices (on the side panel). Locate the specific device you wish to install patches on and click the Manage dropdown menu to the right of the device.
2. Select Patch Management from the drop-down menu.
To access Patch Management from the Agent Console:
1. Navigate to Devices (on the side panel) and click on the specific device's name to access the Agent Console.
2. In the Agent Console, navigate to Manage > Patch Management
To install patches:
1. Access Patch Management from either the Devices page or the Agent Console (see instructions above).
2. In the Patch Management window, you can enter the relevant filter criteria to find the patch(es) you wish to install. Filters include:
- Description - The patch description or name
- Product - The name of the product or patch creator
- Class - The type of update (e.g., critical, security, service pack etc.)
- Size - The patch size
- Hidden Patches - These are updates that have been hidden on Windows OS. Note: Hidden patches cannot be installed by Atera, as they are blocked by Microsoft.
- Reboot Required - Lets you know whether the patch requires a device reboot after installation (currently only viewable from the Devices page > Manage > Patch Management (but will soon be added to the Agent Console).
- Installed - Whether or not the patch is installed or not. Select 'No' to see patches available for installation
Once filter criteria are entered, results appear automatically.
3. Check the box(es) next to the specific patch(es) you wish to install, and click Install
The selected patch(es) will be installed.
Afterward, you can click Refresh (on the top, right) to refresh the patches view and see the newly installed patches.
Note: Installed patches that require a device reboot, in order to take effect, will show a 'Reboot required' indication next to the specific device(s), on the Devices page (the indicator will appear whether the patch was installed manually, via IT automation profile, or outside of Atera. Learn more