In addition to enabling monitoring of your customers' computers and servers (via installed agents), Atera also enables other types of monitoring, including monitoring of ports 25, 80, 443 and more. To do so, you will need to add a new TCP device to Atera.
To add a TCP device:
1. At the top, right-hand corner of the page click the dropdown menu and select New TCP.
The New Device page appears.
2. Fill in the fields:
- Enter the Device Name
- Enter a Description of the device (optional).
- Click the Customer dropdown menu, and assign the device to the correct customer.
- Select the Folder you wish to add the device to (optional).
- Select the Monitoring Agent from the dropdown menu. This is the designated agent within the network that will monitor the device and perform the sampling of the relevant ports. Once selected, the online/offline status of the monitoring agent will be populated.
- Enter the TCP Device Hostname / IP Address.
- Enter the Port(s) you wish to monitor.
3. Click Save.
The new TCP device is added to the system and the TCP Device console appears. Here's where you can see online/offline status, device ports, and activity monitoring history, as well as perform management functions, and edit device details. You can access the TCP device console at any time by clicking on the specific TCP device, from your Devices list. Device alerts appear here, as well as alongside all other Atera alerts.