In addition to enabling monitoring of your customers' computers and servers (via installed agents), Atera also enables other types of monitoring, including website availability monitoring.
To monitor a website:
1. From the + sign on the top, right of the screen click New HTTP.
The New Device page appears.
2. Fill in the fields:
- Enter the Device Name
- Enter a Description of the device (optional).
- Click the Customer dropdown menu, and assign the device to the correct customer.
- Select the Folder you wish to add the device to (optional).
- Select the Monitoring Agent from the dropdown menu. This is the designated agent within the network that will monitor the website. Once selected, the online/offline status of the monitoring agent will be populated.
- Enter the specific URL of the web page you wish to monitor.
- Enter a static keyword Pattern. This refers to a string of text that always appears on the monitored website (For example the headline of the homepage). Note: Choose a string of text that is both static and indicative of the correct operation of the website you are monitoring. If the text is either changed or not available, you will be alerted to a problem with the website, even if the web server itself and Port 80 are both working.
3. Click Add.
The website monitoring has begun and the HTTP device console page appears. Here's where you can see online/offline status as well as monitor history, perform management functions, and edit device details. You can access the HTTP device console at any time by clicking on the specific HTTP device, from your Devices list. Device alerts appear here, as well as alongside all other Atera alerts.
- The Monitor History graph will show down if an alert (of any type) is open for the monitored device.
- If you wish to monitor a web server, you can do so by adding a new TCP device to Atera and monitoring the relevant ports (i.e. 80, 8080, 443).