Generic Devices are devices that are monitored using the ICMP protocol, for example: Switches, Printers, UPS, etc.
1. At the top right-hand corner of the page go to the Add () > New Generic.
The Add Device page will be displayed.
2. Select the company you want the device to be assigned to, from the Assign to Customer drop down list.
3. Select the name of the Folder you want to append the device to from the Append To Folder drop down list.
4. Select the name of the monitoring agent from the Monitoring Agent drop down list. This is the designated agent within the network that will perform the sampling of the relevant ports).
5. The status of the monitoring agent will be populated.
6. Enter the name of the device in the Name text entry box.
7. Enter the description of the device in the Description text entry box.
8. Enter the hostname or IP address of the device in the Hostname / IP Address text entry box.
9. Click Save.