You can create custom fields (aka extra data fields) throughout your Atera platform. They can appear in Ticket, Customer, Contact, Contract, SLA, Agent, SNMP, TCP, HTTP, and Generic forms/pages. Once you add a custom field, it will always appear (unless edited or deleted). For example, if you add a 'ticket' custom field, it will appear on all ticket forms. This article describes how to:
Add Custom Fields
Customize Atera to your needs by adding custom fields wherever you wish.
To add a custom field:
1. From Admin (on the side panel), click Custom Fields
The Custom Fields page appears.
2. Click the tab for which you wish to add a new field. In this example, Ticket tab is selected.
3. Click the Add Field button.
The Add Field screen appears.
4. Select the name of the target from the Target drop down list (by default, this is already selected based on the tab you selected).
5. Select the type of field from the Type dropdown menu.
6. Enter the title of the field in the Title text entry box. In this example, we've called it 'Order'.
7. In the Options section, you can mark this field as 'Required' or 'Not Required' on forms. And you can also mark it 'Private' or 'Not Private'. 'Private' means it will not be viewable in the Customer Portal.
8. Click Add.
The new custom field is added. You can now view it on the form/page.
Create Custom Ticket Statuses
While custom fields are editable, generally the Atera fields that are included in forms by default are not. There is one exception, and that is the ticket 'Status' field. You can add additional field values to this field that will appear throughout all your Atera tickets. For more information, see Custom ticket status
Edit or Delete Custom Fields
You can easily edit or delete the custom fields you create. This section describes how to:
Edit custom fields
To edit: Simply click theicon (next to the custom field), make changes to the title, and click Apply
Delete custom fields
To delete: Simply click theicon (next to the custom field).