This article will show you how to create an Hourly type contract in Atera. This contract can be used when you want to charge the customer for work-hours based on a specific hourly rate (a standard break/fix model).
To create an Hourly contract:
1. From Admin, on the left-hand panel, click Contracts.
The Contracts page appears.
2. Click New contract. The New Contract page appears.
3. Fill in the contract header details:
- Add the customer.
- Give your contract a name.
- Select the start and end dates.
Note: Atera will automatically calculate today's date + three years ahead.
- Set the contract as Active if you'd like to enable the contract (optional).
- Set the contract as Default if you'd like this contract to be your default for this customer (optional).
- Set the contract as Taxable if you'd like tax to automatically be added to the contract (optional). Select the tax from the dropdown menu (or create a new one).
4. Under Contract Type, choose Hourly.
5. Select the Billing Period.
Note: For ad-hoc billing, select the On Demand option (only available for hourly-type contracts). This contract option allows you to bill on demand, so the customer can be charged ad-hoc for hours used. For example, a customer may use two hours in a given week and request to be billed immediately. Contract start and end dates are still valid when using On Demand contracts.
6. Select the Hourly Rate.
7. Select any Additional Rates (used to create specific rates within a contract for off-SLA work).
8. Select the Service Level Agreement (SLA) Plan.
9. Enter any Notes as required.
10. Click Save.
Nice! New Hourly contract created.