This article will show you how to create a new Project - One-Time fee-type contract. This contract type is used when you want to charge a customer an inclusive flat fee for a project, where the price is agreed upon prior to starting the project.
Note: This type of contract is a one-time contract and can only be invoiced once. If you wish to set up recurring hourly billing, please create a Retainer/Flat Fee contract.
Create a Project - One-Time Fee contract
1. From Admin, on the left-hand panel, click Contracts.
The Contracts Page appears.
2. Click New Contract.
The New Contract page appears.
3. Fill in the contract header details:
- Add the customer.
- Give your contract a name.
- Select the start and end dates.
Note: Atera will automatically calculate today's date + three years ahead.
- Set the contract as Active if you'd like to enable the contract (optional).
- Set the contract as Default if you'd like this contract to be your default for this customer (optional).
- Set the contract as Taxable if you'd like a tax to automatically be added to the contract (optional). Select the tax from the dropdown menu (or create a new one).
4. Under Contract Type, choose Project - One-Time Fee.
5. Select the Total Amount (the total amount to be billed for the contract).
Note: To create a rate, click Add Rate.
6. Select the Service Level Agreement (SLA) Plan.
7. Enter any Notes as required.
8. Click Save.
Nice! New Project - One-Time Fee contract created.