This article will show you how to create a new Online Backup type contract. This contract type can be used when you wish to charge the customer for calculated usage of Atera's integrated online backup (at a rate per gigabyte).
You can set the Online Backup contract to be counted by:
- PCs: Total GB
- Servers: Total GB
- Both: Total GB
The billing calculation is based on the rate charged per gigabyte multiplied by the client's usage. Atera automatically collects and populates this data. There is no requirement to enter the number of PCs or servers manually.
Note: This contract type can only be used with Atera's integrated Online Backup
To create an Online Backup contract:
1. From Admin, on the left-hand panel, click Contracts.
The Contracts page appears.
2. Click New Contract.
The New Contract page appears.
3. Fill in the contract header details:
- Add the customer.
- Give your contract a name.
- Select the start and end dates.
Note: Atera will automatically calculate today's date + three years ahead.
- Set the contract as Active if you'd like to enable the contract (optional).
- Set the contract as Default if you'd like this contract to be your default for this customer (optional).
- Set the contract as Taxable if you'd like tax to automatically be added to the contract (optional). Select the tax from the dropdown menu (or create a new one).
5. Select the Contract Type Online Backup.
6. Select the Count by:
- PCs Total GB
- Servers Total GB
- Total GB
Note: You can select only one of the three options; PCs, servers, or both. If you plan to have a different rate for PCs and servers you will need to create two separate contracts (one for each type).
7. Select the Billing Period.
8. Select the Rate per GB.
9. Select the Service Level Agreement (SLA) Plan.
9. Enter any Notes as required.
10. Click Save.
Nice! New Online Backup contract created.
Note: Online Backup (Datashield) is a legacy product only available to older Atera accounts. For newer backup solutions, check this page.