When you're monitoring many devices, going through each one can get out of hand. Instead, you can use our filtering conditions and sorting features to quickly find specific devices and perform bulk actions. You can also save frequently used filters as views for yourself or your whole team to optimize your workflow.
This article describes:
1. From Devices (on the sidebar), click Filters.
The filters appear.
2. Select your filters:
- Sort: Sort by Customer or Alerts severity in ascending/descending alphabetical order.
- Status: Filter by monitored devices (by default, server agents are monitored for availability), favorite devices (to favorite a device, click the star next to the device name in the Agent Console), or both.
- Availability: Filter by devices that are online, offline (refers to agents), unreachable (refers to non-agent devices whose monitoring agent is offline), or retired.
- Device Type: Filter by Agent PC, Agent Server, Mac Agent, Linux Agent, HTTP, SNMP, TCP, Generic.
- Customers: Filter by one or multiple customers. (There is a limit of 30 customers that can be selected)
- Folder: Filter by folder (to do this, you must select a single
‘Customer' from the Customers filter).
- Alert Type: Filter by Hardware, Disk, Availability, Performance, Exchange and/or General.
- Alert Severity: Filter by Critical, Information and/or Warning.
- Advanced Filters: For more information on using Advanced Filters, click here
- Custom Fields: For more information on using Custom Fields, click here
3. After selecting the required filter options, the Devices page will update automatically. To clear the filter options, click Clear.
Note: As this is a dynamic list, the results displayed when filtering may vary.
Save time by creating 'Views' for commonly used filters. Once you have set up a filter, you can choose to save the filtered search as a view. There are two types of views available: 'Shared Views' that everyone can see and private views for personal use.
Note: Only admin users can create or edit 'Shared Views'.
To create a private view:
1. Once you have set up your filters, click on Save view > Save as new view on the Filters tab.
2. Enter a name (and optional category) for the View and click Save.
To create a 'Shared view' (admin users only):
1. Once you have set up your filter(s), click on Save view > Save as new view on the Filters tab.
2. Enter a name (and optional category) for the View, choose the option to share with Everyone, and click Save.
For both 'Shared Views' and private views, the view name will be saved and will appear in the view dropdown list. Private views will appear with a lock icon ()and 'Shared Views' will appear with a globe icon() as in the image below. You can select your preferred view at any time to quickly filter your devices by the set parameters.
You can update your saved private views at any time.
Note: 'Shared Views' can only be updated by Admin users.
To update a saved view:
1. Select your preferred view from the View dropdown menu.
2. Click the Filters tab and edit the parameters you want to change.
3. When you have finished making your updates click on Save view > Update current view on the Filters tab.
4. Make optional edits to the View Name or Category and click Save.
Note: Admin users can also edit whether the view is shared or private.