The Customer Portal is your customer's unique and personalized support site where they can:
- Open tickets
- Track tickets
- Access your knowledge base
- View all company tickets (for main contacts only)
You can customize the Customer Portal experience for your customers by creating your own address, automatically sending out a personalized 'welcome to the Customer Portal' email, as well as selecting the kinds of tickets they can view.
View or configure your Customer Portal
Atera automatically generates a Customer Portal URL for your company. The format is: companyname.servicedesk.atera.com.
This is the Customer Portal URL that you provide to your customers.
To view your specific URL:
Go to Admin (in the side panel) > then click on Portal Settings. The Portal Settings screen appears.
Note: You can define your own sub-domain and redirect it to the Atera generated URL by creating a C Name record in your DNS and directing it to 'servicedesk.atera.com'.
In order for your customer to access the Customer Portal they must receive a username and password from you. A unique username/password can be found within any contact page (they are automatically generated upon contact creation).
Additionally, you can automatically generate an email welcoming new contacts and providing them with their user name and password. This provides them with everything they need to access the portal.
Note: A contact will be added automatically to the system and assigned to their company based on the domain name the first time that contact opens a ticket (provided the company exists in the system).
Generate automatic 'Welcome' email for new contacts
To automatically generate a 'welcome to the Customer Portal' email to all new contacts:
1. Go to Admin (in the side panel).
2. Select Email Settings.
3. Click 'Yes' under Email New Contact to enable the following option: 'Send an email to a newly added contact'.
4. Select or create a welcome email template (Make sure that within the template you include the 'Portal Username' and 'Portal Password' snippets, from the snippets list. Learn more about email templates.
5. Click Save to save your settings.
Select tickets for viewing on the Customer Portal
To select which tickets your customers can view on the Customer Portal:
1. From Admin, click on Settings. The Settings page appears.
2. On the Settings page, click the Tickets tab.
3. Under the Customer Portal heading, check the boxes next to the tickets you'd like your customers to view.
4. Click Save. Your customers can now view the tickets you've specified.