The Customer Portal is your customers' unique and personalized support site where they can open tickets, track the status of tickets, access knowledge base articles, and view all company tickets ('main contacts' only).
You can customize the experience for your customers by configuring your own Customer Portal URL, automatically sending out a personalized welcome email, as well as selecting the kinds of tickets they can view. This article explains how to:
- View or configure your Customer Portal
- Generate automatic 'Welcome email' for new contacts
- Specify tickets for viewing on the Customer Portal
- Select Customer Portal language
View or configure your Customer Portal
Atera automatically generates a Customer Portal URL for your company. You can provide it to your customers as is, or create your own subdomain for brand consistency.
To access your Customer Portal URL:
From Admin (on the side panel), click Customer Portal
The Customer Portal screen appears.
- You can define your own sub-domain by creating a CNAME record in your DNS settings and redirecting it to 'servicedesk.atera.com' (the URL can look like this http://yourcompanyname.com).
- In order to have SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) enabled automatically on the Customer Portal URL, the following URL pattern should be used: https://yourcompanyname.servicedesk.atera.com
When done, enter the new Portal Domain Name on the Customer Portal page, and click Update
In order for your customer to access the Customer Portal, they must receive a username and password from you. A unique username/password can be found on each contact's page (they are automatically generated upon contact creation).
Additionally, you can automatically generate an email welcoming new contacts and providing them with the Customer Portal URL, as well as their username and password. This provides them with everything they need to access the portal (See instructions below).
Note: A contact will be added automatically to the system and assigned to their company based on the domain name, the first time that contact opens a ticket (provided the company exists in the system).
Generate automatic 'Welcome email' for new contacts
You can automatically generate a welcome email to all new contacts, containing the Customer Portal URL as well as the contact's personal username and password.
To generate an automatic welcome email:
1. From Admin (on the side panel), click Email Settings
2. Enable the 'Send an email to a newly added contact' option.
3. Select or create a welcome email template (Make sure that the template includes the 'Portal Username' and 'Portal Password' snippets, from the snippets list. Learn more about email templates.
4. Click Update to save your settings.
Specify tickets for viewing on the Customer Portal
You can specify which tickets (by 'Ticket Status') your customers can view on the Customer Portal.
1. From Admin, click on Settings. The Settings page appears.
2. On the Settings page, click the Tickets tab.
3. Under the Customer Portal heading, check the boxes next to the tickets you'd like your customers to view.
4. Click Save. Your customers can now view the tickets you've specified.
- Selecting "The ticket cannot be reopened" from Admin > Settings > Tickets will block customers from reopening tickets in the Customer Portal.
- Billed tickets cannot be updated by the customer within the Customer Portal; in this case, the Update button is greyed out.
Select Customer Portal language
Contacts can select their preferred language after logging into the Customer Portal.
Once they receive the Customer Portal URL + username + password and they log in successfully to the Customer facing portal, they can click on their name in the upper-right corner > Select language (Currently, Atera supports English, French, Deutsch, Danish, Dutch, Hebrew, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, and Czech).