The Command Prompt, also known as cmd.exe or cmd (after its executable file name), is the command-line interpreter on Windows NT, Windows CE, OS/2 and eComStation operating systems. Command Prompt interacts with the user through a command-line interface (CLI).
Atera's In-App Command Prompt enables the technician to remotely send CLI commands to an end user's computer. It offers many of the same capabilities as the command prompt, and features:
- Caching of all recent commands.
- Real-time sampling and output.
- Extra security; The session will automatically terminate after an hour of inactivity.
- Support commands like netsh, FTP, ping with parameters, and more.
- A redesigned interface.
To use the in-app Command Prompt to send remote CLI commands to an end user's computer, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Devices (on the side panel).
2. Click on the specific agent/device.
3. On the agent page, navigate to Manage > Command Prompt.
The Command Prompt dialog appears.
4. Enter the command, and click Enter.
The command is executed in the command prompt.