You can create a knowledge base library for your customers, providing them with instructions and informational articles that can enhance their understanding of IT basics, and perhaps enable them to handle some routine tasks themselves. Once the library is in place, your customers can log in from their Customer Portal and access the content. Please note that published articles are viewable by all customers. There is also the option of setting up customized Knowledge Base libraries per customer. Additionally, you can set articles to 'private' if you'd only like them to be visible to your technicians.
Set up a Knowledge Base library
You can create a Knowledge Base library that can be viewed by all your customers. In the following example, we'll set up a category, section, and article via the Admin page.
Note: Knowledge Base articles can also be created directly from the Knowledge Base page.
To create a knowledge base category, section, and article:
1. From Admin (on the sidebar), click Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base Admin page appears.
The Knowledge Base page is divided into 3 tabs:
- Categories: The top level of the hierarchy (e.g., FAQ).
- Sections: The next level in the hierarchy structure (e.g., Printer FAQs).
- Articles: The lowest level; containing the content of your article (e.g., Setting up a printer in Windows 10).
To add a category:
1. Click the Categories tab.
2. Enter the Category title and add a description. Then click Create.
To add a section:
1. Click the Sections tab.
2. Select a category from the Category dropdown list.
3. Create a section title or select one from Products.
4. Add a section description. Then click Create.
To add an article:
1. Click the Articles tab.
2. Select a section from the Display in section dropdown list.
3. Enter the article title.
4. Optional: Select the priority (Low, Medium, or High), the status (Active, Draft, Outdated), and add any keywords.
5. Click Create.
Edit Knowledge Base articles
Existing articles can be edited.
To edit a Knowledge Base article:
1. From Knowledge Base (on the sidebar), click the article you want to edit.
The Article page appears.
2. Click Edit. The Knowledge Base page appears.
Search for Knowledge Base articles
You and your customers can search for specific knowledge base articles from within Atera or the Customer Portal.
To search for an article:
Enter the full or partial name of the article or the keyword. Then click Enter.