This article will show you how to create a new Block Hours type contract. A Block Hours contract can be used to bill a customer for a block of working hours, with a specified price per hour. During the billing period, the number of hours consumed is deducted from the purchased 'block'. There are options to both roll over hours not used or charge an overage rate (hours worked in excess of the defined block hours) for access consumption.
To create a Block Hours contract:
1. From Admin, on the left-hand panel, click Contracts.
The Contracts page appears.
2. Click New contract.
The New Contract page appears.
3. Fill in the contract header details:
- Give your contract a name.
- Select the start and end dates.
Note: Atera will automatically calculate today's date + three years ahead.
- Set the contract as Active if you'd like to enable the contract (optional).
- Set the contract as Default if you'd like this contract to be your default for this customer (optional).
- Set the contract as Taxable if you'd like tax to automatically be added to the contract (optional). Select the tax from the dropdown menu (or create a new one).
4. Under Contract Type, select Block Hours.
5. Select the Contract Amount (the amount of block hours).
NOTE: When a Block Hours contract's usage exceeds the minimum threshold of 80% or the maximum of 95% (once you've used up 80% and 95% of your contract's block hours), you'll get an automatic notification in the Atera console under the Notification Center.
6. Select the Billing Period.
7. Enable Commit Rollover if you'd like any hours not used within the defined billing period to be rolled over to the next billing period.
Note: Not enabling this option means all unused hours within a billing period will be lost. The next billing period will start without adding them to the opening balance.
8. Select the Hourly Rate.
9. Select the Overage Rate.
10. Select the SLA Plan.
11. Enter any Notes as required.
12. Click Save.
Nice! New Block Hours contract created.