The Recovery Console is a multi-instance recovery tool that enables system administrators and service providers set up proactive data recovery from servers and workstations to any location. The Recovery Console lets you recover data belonging to the following data sources:
- Files and Folders
- System State
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL
The main application window is divided into 2 panes:
- Devices – devices add to Recovery Console
- Audit – view restore statistics
The toolbar at bottom of console, allows you to:
- Add a new device
- Configure settings for selected device
- Open a restore-only Backup Manager for the selected device in a browser
- Remove the selected device from the Recovery Console
- Edit Advanced settings for all devices
- Enable email notifications on the statuses of recent recovery sessions
- Set up an Azure Cloud connection (installed the Recovery Console to the Azure Cloud).
Right-clicking device provides two additional options:
- Force restore – start data recovery for the selected device right now (without waiting for a new backup session). If there is no data available for recovery, the option will be unavailable.
- Abort – terminate all active recovery sessions related to the device. If there are no such sessions, the option will be unavailable.
- Devices are added one at a time
- The number of devices you can add is unlimited, but take into account the available resource on the system running the Recovery Console
- The devices you add shouldn't be installed in the Backup Client on the current computer (this would result in a conflict).
- You can add only those devices that you have access to (full access details are required)
- the Recovery Console needs to be open or minimised to keep functioning. If there are active devices, please don't shut down the Recovery Console application and don't power off the computer.
Note: Online Backup (Datashield) is a legacy product only available to older Atera accounts. For newer backup solutions, check this page.
Still have a question? Contact us