Scripts are typically short and simple commands that are often used to automate processes and correct issues. If there are actions that you'd like to perform routinely, or on multiple systems, using a script along with automation is a great option. It ensures the actions you want to happen, happen automatically, exactly when and where needed, and without any action on your part.
Atera's Shared Script Library contains useful scripts written by Atera and your fellow Atera users. Anyone in the Atera community can contribute scripts — and benefit from scripts written by others! The scripts can be used alone, or via automations, to streamline your IT support processes. Scripts can also be cloned and modified, for complete flexibility and customization.
This article describes:
- Viewing the Shared Script Library
- Customizing scripts
- Sharing scripts
- Automation scripts
- Accessing the Shared Script Library
View Shared Script Library
You can view all scripts in the Shared Script Library (including their descriptions). Some useful scripts include:
- Upgrade to Latest Office Version: Upgrades PC to the most current Office version.
- Extend Outlook Storage Capabilities: Changes the default of 50GB of Outlook data files (PST/OST) storage to 100GB.
- Run Windows Cleanup: Runs Windows Cleanup to free up disk space on a computer's hard drive.
- And many more...
1. From Admin (on the side panel), click Scripts.
The Scripts page appears.
2. Click the Shared Script Library tab.
The scripts appear.
The scripts are sortable by column, which includes Category, Script Name, Description, Author, Votes (# of likes), Clones (# of times the script was cloned), and Upload date. The 'Votes' column refers to the number of people that have 'liked' the script.
To 'like' a script:
You can like a script simply by clicking on the 'thumbs up' icon (in the Votes column), next to the specific script.
Or you can click a script to open it, then click the icon (under Was this script useful?) to like it.
You can customize scripts from the Shared Script Library by cloning and modifying them.
1. Follow the steps above to view the Shared Script Library.
2. Click on Clone, next to the script you wish to modify (or click on the script to view and clone it).
The script is cloned and added to My Scripts, your private script collection (under 'Cloned Scripts').
3. Click on the My Scripts tab, and locate the cloned script, within the 'Cloned Scripts' category.
4. Click Edit, next to the script.
5. Edit the script as you like, and click Save to save changes.
Share a Script
You can contribute scripts to the Shared Script Library for the benefit of the Atera community.
Note: Atera screens all scripts for malware and reserves the editorial right to publish or block scripts as it sees fit.
To share a script:
1. Click the My Scripts tab.
Your scripts appear.
2. Click Share to Library, next to the script you wish to share.
Note: Scripts cloned from the Shared Script Library cannot be shared (unless edited).
3. Click Share script on the confirmation message.
You will receive a message once the script has been added to the Shared Script Library.
Use Script Automations
Script automations are intended to make day-to-day support processes flow effortlessly and efficiently. Learn about setting scripts to run on an automated schedule or 'auto healing', when an alert threshold is reached
Access the Shared Script Library
You can access the scripts in a number of ways (and clone them as well):
1) Via Admin > Scripts (as detailed above).
2) Devices > Select specific device(s) > Run script icon.
3) Devices > Click the specific device > Manage dropdown menu > Run Script.
4) Customers > Click the specific customer/site > Devices tab > All tab > Run script icon.
Note: Shared Script Library scripts can also be accessed from IT automation profiles and alert threshold items, enabling you to choose from over 130+ scripts for script automation and auto-healing scripting