The Recent Processes report enables you to see, at-a-glance, the real-time status of recently-run, manual processes, initiated from within Atera, such as the installation of patches and software bundles, installation/uninstallation of software, and scripts that have run. This article describes how to access the report and view the detailed outcomes of:
To view the Recent Processes report:
1. From Reports > Classic Reports (on the side panel), click Recent Processes (under General).
The Recent Processes report appears.
2. Select a specific Time Period from the dropdown menu to view processes initiated within that period.
Note: Data in the Recent Processes report is kept for 31 days from the time the command was initiated.
The Processes appear. You can filter by category to find exactly what you are looking for. Additionally, you can pin, auto size, or reset columns, by clicking on the menu, which appears in every column.
3. The process status appears as either 'In progress' (the process is still in progress) or 'Ended' (the process has ended). To see complete details on the success/failure of each process per device, click on the icon to the left of the customer name.
View Patch Installation Details
You can view detailed outcomes, by device, on the success/failure of manual, patch installations, installed from within Atera. Please note that the results of the patch and IT automation are not (as of yet) included in this report.
You can filter by 'Patch Management' in the Process Type category. Once filtered, you can click on the icon to the left of the customer name to see the detailed outcomes.
The details appear. They can be filtered by patch, product, category, device type, and status details. Possible status details include:
- Completed - Patch was successfully installed or uninstalled.
- In progress - Still in process.
- Failed - Patch installation/uninstallation has failed. When this occurs, please check the firewall, AV, network connectivity, and DNS, then try again. Troubleshoot further
View Scripting Details
You can view detailed outcomes on the success/failure of scripts run on specific devices.
You can filter by 'Scripting' in the Process Type category. Once filtered, you can click on the icon to the left of the customer name to see the detailed outcomes.
The details appear. They can be filtered by customer name, script name, category, device name and status details. Additionally, clicking on a device name opens the agent console, in a separate tab. Possible status details include:
- Completed - The script was successfully run on the device. Please note: This does not necessarily mean the script did what it was intended to do, just that it ran on the device without returning an error. Atera doesn't verify script effectiveness.
- Pending - The agent is unreachable/offline, and the script will run once it comes back online,
per the specific script setting. Learn more about this setting (under "What happens if an agent is offline during a scheduled IT Automation?")
- Failed - The script failed, because the process has timed out (The 'timeout' is set when creating/editing the script. See image below).
Additionally, you can click on the icon to see the actual script output.
From the script, you can also access the agent console by clicking the Go to agent button.
View Installed/Uninstalled Software Details
You can view detailed outcomes, by device, on the success/failure of software that you've manually installed/uninstalled and software bundles installed, from within Atera.
Filter by 'Software Inventory' in the Process Type category. Once filtered, you can click on the icon to the left of the customer name to see the detailed outcomes.