Remote File Explorer and Transfer, is now available right from within the platform. Atera enables you to remotely explore and manage your customers' files, as well as upload files to (or download files from) their devices. The full feature is available for Growth (15GB/mo.) and Power (50GB/mo.) subscribers. Pro subscribers will still be able to remotely view and search for files. This enormously useful tool will likely come in handy quite often.
To use Atera File Explorer and Transfer:
1. After logging into Atera, click Devices, on the side panel.
The Devices page appears.
2. Click the Manage dropdown menu next to the specific device, and select File Transfer.
The files appear.
To search for files on your customer's device directories:
When in a given folder or directory, type a full or partial file name in the search bar, and click Enter.
To upload a file to your customer's device:
1. Click the menu on the lower, right corner of the screen, and select Upload.
2. Browse for the file you wish to upload, then click Open.
The file uploads. When completed, an upload success (or failure) message appears.
To create a folder on your customer's device:
1. Click the menu on the lower, right corner of the screen, and select Create Folder.
2. Name the newly created folder by clicking it and typing a name.
The file is renamed.
To download a file from your customer's device:
Hover over the file you with to download, and click the Download icon.
The file downloads.
To rename a file or folder:
1. Hover over the file or folder you with to rename, and click the Rename icon.
2. Rename the file or folder by clicking it and typing a name.
The file or folder is renamed.
To delete a file:
Hover over the file you with to delete, and click the Delete icon.
After confirming you wish to delete the file, the file is deleted.