Invoices detail the products and services provided to your customer. It is defined by its associated contract. Invoices are ordered by invoice number, along with their creation date, affiliated customer, batch name (if applicable), and status (Draft, Sent, Exported, Paid, and Refunded).
You can create a completely flexible invoice, which can be edited, exported, saved, printed, created as a PDF, or emailed to your customer for near-instant customer billing.
- Emailing an invoice is available to Atera subscribers only.
- The billing currency is based on the region you initially register your Atera account from. The address can be added/updated from Admin > Settings. If the currency is not displayed correctly according to your region, please contact our support team
This article describes:
For help creating invoice batches, see Create an Invoice Batch
We've added statuses to invoices to simplify invoice management and tracking! Statuses include Draft, Exported, Sent, Paid, and Refunded. You can see the invoice status under the Status column on the Billing page and on the invoice itself — from where you can manually change the invoice status
- Draft: The invoice is in progress and has not been sent nor exported.
- Exported: The invoice has been exported to your integrated accounting software.
- Sent: The invoice has been sent (emailed) to the recipient.
- Paid: The invoice was emailed and payment has been made.
- Refunded: The full invoice amount has been refunded.
To create an invoice:
1. From the + dropdown, select New invoice.
Note: The New invoice feature is accessible from multiple locations within Atera.
- From the customer's page, by clicking the New invoice button:
- From the Billing page, by clicking the New invoice button:
A blank invoice appears.
Note: Your company name is pulled from your invoice settings, which you can edit by going to Admin > Accounting > Invoice Settings tab.
2. Fill out the invoice fields.
3. Click Save and close to create the invoice.
Once created, invoices can be found on the Billing page, under Invoices (bottom-right of the page).
To edit an invoice:
1. From the side panel, click Billing. The Billing page appears.
2. From the Invoices section (bottom-right of page), open the invoice.
The invoice appears.
3. Make any desired changes.
Note: You can edit the invoice status by clicking the edit icon under Status and selecting a status from the dropdown menu (Draft, Exported, Sent, Paid, and Refunded).
To email an invoice:
1. Open the invoice (see how to open an invoice here).
2. Click Email invoice, from the dropdown menu.
The Email invoice screen appears.
3. Enter the email address of the contact you wish to send it to. Then click Send.
To delete an invoice:
1. From the side panel, click Billing.
2. Locate and check the specific invoice(s), under Invoices.
3. Click theDelete icon . A confirmation window appears.
4. Click Yes to delete the invoice.
The invoice has been deleted.
Note: Flexible invoices can also be created, accessed, and edited from Customers > the customer's page > Invoices tab.