There are a few common issues you may run into when attempting to create an invoice batch
Q. Why don't I see all of my billable items when attempting to create a new invoice batch?
A. This is a common issue that is easily rectified by going into your tickets and ensuring that:
- All tickets you wish to include in an invoice batch are associated with a contract.
- Each ticket has a 'Closed' or 'Resolved' status, as an invoice batch cannot be created on an active ticket.
Q. Why does a 'lock' icon appear on some of my billable items, preventing me from including it in the invoice batch?
A. A lock icon appears if the billing period, as defined in the contract, has not yet elapsed. This means that if a 'Monthly' billing period is selected on a contract, an invoice batch cannot be created mid-month. This can easily be adjusted within the contract.
To adjust a contract's billing period:
1. From Admin, click Contracts.
The Contracts page appears.
2. Click theEdit icon next to the desired contract. The contract opens.
3. Select your preferred billing period from the Period dropdown menu.
4. Click Update to save your changes.
Note: The 'On-Demand' billing period (the ability to bill tickets any day of the month), is only present for hourly-type contracts.