In case you encounter issues with Agent Installation on Mac devices, please check the following:
- Mac OS version is High Sierra (10.13) or above.
Note: Please note that while we also support macOS Big Sur and Macs with M1 processors, these are still in Beta on Apple's side. Please contact us for any issues you may notice.
Additionally, please check the following:
- Allow outbound traffic over ports 443 and 8883 (TCP/UDP) in the Antivirus, Firewall, and Proxy servers.
List of servers that the agent is communicating with, make sure to have these servers whitelisted on your network.
Potential software/devices for blockage:
- Anti-Virus: Add Atera's application into the Antivirus whitelist.
- Accessibility: Allow the Atera agent in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility
Firewall: In some networks https traffic is blocked. Make sure to add a rule to allow https traffic from LAN to WAN (Atera address: agent-api.atera.com).
Note: The Great Firewall of China is blocking some of the servers required by the AteraAgent to report the device's availability (online/offline status). Therefore, machines that are located in this country will not be manageable from the console. Using a VPN connection may override these restrictions, however, we cannot provide specific instructions or support for setting up such configurations.
Proxy: Proxy / Web-filtering is very common and can also be an obstacle to stable agent behavior. Make sure to permit outbound traffic (ports 443 and 8883) and file extensions; ZIP & EXE from our website (Atera address: agent-api.atera.com).
Note: Atera does not offer assistance or provisions for proxy configuration.
- Geo-blocking: As an example, SonicWall routers are well known for their Geo Blocking features.
- Permit content traffic in addition to TCP (443 and 8883) traffic.
If an Atera agent was previously installed, and then removed, through a different account, it is necessary to do a full clean-up before installing the new agent.
To do a full clean-up, use these commands:
cd "/Library/Application Support"
sudo rm -rf com.atera*
sudo rm -rf /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.atera.ateraagent.plist
sudo rm -rf /Applications/AteraAgent.app
Still have a question? Contact us