Enhance your security and gain peace of mind with Atera and Auth0. No need to race against the clock with another software token. No, sir. With biometric scanning, you are the token! Whether it's fingerprint or facial scanning, just be yourself for a smoother and more secure login experience.
This article describes:
Bot Detection: Reduces scripted attacks by determining whether a request was generated by a bot. When a bot is believed to be behind a request, a challenge-response authentication (CAPTCHA) will be presented.
Breached Password Detection: Auth0 monitors large security breaches on third-party websites for leaked passwords and notifies and/or blocks users from logging in if their credentials are suspected to be part a published security breach.
Brute-Force Protection: Brute-force protection guards you from malicious attempts to gain access to your user account from a single IP address.
Suspicious IP Throttling: Blocks traffic from an IP address attempting too many logins or signups, which helps ensure your network is safe from high-velocity attacks.
For more information on this upcoming protection feature, see Auth0's documentation
Set Up Biometric Login
You can now log in to Atera with biometric login — using facial recognition (Face ID) and fingerprint scanning (Touch ID) — for a faster and more secure login experience. Upon log in, you will be prompted to set up Auth0's quick and secure biometric login. We recommend setting this up.
- Biometric login is available on supported devices only and cannot be enabled on devices with the same device type (e.g: 2 Windows devices or 2 MAC devices).
- You'll stay logged in for one week. However, if there is no activity in your account, a new login will be required after 72 hours.
To set up biometric login:
1. Log in with your email and password.
2. Click Continue.
Note: If this is the first time logging in with Auth0, you will be asked to verify your identify with your 2FA code. Enter it and click Continue.
3. Click Continue to use your device's fingerprint or facial recognition on subsequent logins.
4. Verify your identity via fingerprint or facial recognition.
5. Name your device (this alias will help you identify this device from any others you may have).
Brute-force protection safeguards against a single IP address attacking a single user account. When the same IP address tries and fails multiple times (for example, 10 times) to log in as the same user, brute-force protection:
- Sends you an email
- Blocks the suspicious IP address from logging in
If an IP address is blocked due to brute-force protection, it remains blocked until you click the 'Unblock' link in the email notification you receive.
Note: If you have an email security bot mechanism in place that checks links before it gets to your inbox, then you won't receive the 'Unblock' notification. Rather, the mechanism will have already unblocked the account and you'll receive a message with a one-time-use link to log in to your account.
Follow these steps to clear the Local Storage, Session Storage, and Cookies:
1. Open DevTools (right-click anywhere on the Atera page and click Inspect).
2. In the top menu bar, navigate to Application (you may have to click the chevron icon to see it).
3. Navigate to Storage and double-click on Local Storage, Session Storage, and Cookies to open them.
If your account has more than 1 technician license, you can reset the 2FA by yourself. Otherwise, please contact support.
1. From Admin, click Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
2. Click Reset next to the technician/admin whose 2FA you'd like to reset. Then confirm.
When you next log in to Atera, you will be prompted with a new QR code as well as a 24 character recovery code. Copy and save the recovery code. Keep it secret. Keep it safe.
For more information on resetting your 2FA, see Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Frozen Splash Screen
If the mobile app opens to a frozen screen, with no options available, please locate the Atera app in your mobile device's storage and clear the storage and cache.
Let us know if we can help should you experience any other issues related to logging in or out of the Atera app.