The ticket timer feature allows you to automatically track and record the time spent working on a ticket. This helps in accurately capturing the duration of your activities and provides a convenient way to monitor and manage your time spent on ticket resolution.
Customize ticket timer settings
1. From Admin, click Settings.
2. From settings, go to the Tickets tab.
3. After customizing your settings, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Ticket Settings Options Explained
When the Ticket is Accessed
- The ticket timer automatically starts: If this option is selected, the timer starts automatically whenever a ticket is accessed by a technician. All work hours will be assigned to the ticket.
- The ticket timer is off (manual mode): If this option is selected, the timer is OFF when a ticket is accessed and the technician must manually press 'play' to START the ticket timer and remember to stop it again once work hours are completed.
- The ticket timer is hidden: If this option is selected, the timer is hidden from the technician and disabled in the background. Time entries must be entered manually.
Note: Only one option can be selected.
When Ticket is Closed
- The ticket timer is hidden: If this option is selected the timer will be hidden once the ticket has been assigned a 'Closed' status.
- The ticket cannot be reopened: If this option is selected, once the ticket has been assigned a 'Closed' status, it cannot be reopened for further work.
Note: You can select either, neither, or both of these options.
Manual Ticket Timer
If the ticket timer is off (manual mode), the ticket timer is set to 'Stop' when a ticket is accessed.
To start tracking time, hover over the ticket window and click Start.
To stop tracking time, hover over the ticket window and click Stop counter.
Another option is to manually add time entries.
Manually add time entries
1. From the Ticket window, click Add Time Entry.
Note: If you've set the ticket timer as hidden, then click the Add Time Entry button or go to Actions > Time Entries > Add Entry.
The Time Entries window appears.
2. Click on Show more, to see all options that are available.
3. Click inside the Start Date and End Date fields to select from the calendar.
4. Use the arrows to easily select the exact start and end times.
5. After updating the fields, click Add.
Your time entry has been added.