To schedule a script (or multiple scripts) to run automatically on a specific device, or on all your customers' devices, you must first create or upload a script (or you can clone a script from the Shared Script Library). Afterwards, you can set up your scheduled automation by creating an IT Automation Profile.
To set up an IT automation profile:
1. Navigate to Admin > Patch Management and IT Automation.
The Patch Management and IT Automation screen appears.
2. Click Add Profile.
The Add Profile screen appears.
3. Enter a name for the profile, and click Apply. The new profile is added.
The Edit Automation Profile screen appears. Here's where you'll set up your automation.
4. In the Scripts category, click Add script, to add a script.
The Select Scrip screen appears.
5. Click Select, next to the script you wish to select.
The script is added to the profile.
Note: You can attach multiple scripts to the profile by repeating the process as many times as necessary. Additionally, you can clone a script from the Shared Script Library tab. Once cloned, close, then reopen, the Select Script screen, It will now appear as an option within My scripts.
6. Set the schedule (at the top of the page):
- Click either the weekly or monthly tab.
- Click the icon, and select the desired day/time/date.
- Click Apply.
Or, you can run the script immediately by clicking Execute Now. Additionally, you can check the checkbox to run the profile on all newly installed agents.
7. Click Save.
The IT automation profile has been created.
8. The last step is to assign the new IT automation profile to a customer or agent(s). Once this is done, the script will run on your customer devices as specified by the automation profile.
Check out this video that explains how to add and execute a script to an IT Automation profile.