Contacts are people from your customer base, who may or may not request technical support from you. It's possible to create a main contact person for each customer. Contacts can interact with you via phone, email, the Customer Portal, or by generating a ticket via the CTRL + F12 hotkey from their workstations.
Create contacts manually
You might do this, for example, if you're on the telephone with a customer who has never before requested support and therefore does not yet have an account. While adding them as a contact, you can also open a ticket for the customer, and they will receive automatic email notifications whenever the ticket is updated.
To create a new contact manually:
1. Click New > Contact in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Note: Contacts can also be created via Customers > Customer > Contacts tab > New contact.
The New Contact page appears.
2. Fill out the form:
- Customer: Select the customer.
- First name: Enter the contact's first name.
- Last name: Enter the contact's last name.
- Email: Enter the contact's email.
- Phone: Enter the contact's phone number.
- Mobile phone: Enter the contact's mobile phone number.
- Department: Select the relevant department from the dropdown list. Learn more
- Job title: Enter the contact's job title.
- Agent: Assign an agent to the contact.
- Main site user: You can designate the contact as the main customer contact. They'll then be able to see all tickets under their customer in the Customer Portal.
- Disable automatic ticket creation on emails from the user: By default, Atera automatically creates tickets when contacts send emails to the support address. Check the box to disable this feature for the particular contact.
3. Click Save.
The new contact is added.
Automatically create contacts
To automatically create a contact when a support request comes from a new email:
1. From Admin, click Email Settings. The Email settings page appears.
2. Under Contact email settings, enable Auto-Create new contact on incoming email.
Customers and contacts can also be imported directly to Atera in bulk. For more information, see Import customers and contacts to Atera
Azure AD integration
By integrating with Azure Active Directory (AD), Atera allows you to effortlessly import and synchronize your organization's contacts from Azure AD to ensure that your Atera contacts are always up-to-date.