Monitor Windows events to understand and maintain your systems and keep 'em running smoothly.
This article describes:
Event ID and alert severity overview
- One alert is generated for each unique combination of Event ID or Event Source within a 60-minute time period.
- Event ID-generated alerts do not auto-resolve.
- Windows Event alerts can't be snoozed.
The alert severity in Atera will be registered based on the Microsoft event level. In other words, the 'Event Severity' should correspond to the Microsoft event level.
'Event Severity' levels: Atera vs. Microsoft:
Configure the Event Viewer
The following example describes setting up the threshold item to monitor Windows backup events.
To configure the Event Viewer:
1. From Admin (on the sidebar), click Thresholds.
The Threshold Profiles form appears.
2. Select the profile to which you want to add Windows Backup Monitoring.
The Edit Threshold page appears.
3. Click New item. The Threshold item window appears.
4. Under Category, select Events By Source. Then for the Source Folder, select Other.
5. The Custom Folder name should be taken from the machine event viewer path:
- Right-click on Events Logs > Properties.
- Copy the full Log Name.
- Paste into the Custom Folder field.
6. Enter the Source Name or Event IDs.
Note: Source Name or Event IDs can be found in Windows by clicking on the Event Viewer log (Windows Backup > Action Centre > Details tab > XML view).
7. Copy the Provider Name from the XML view and paste it to Atera — this is the Source Name.
Note: You can add multiple source names and event IDs by separating each with a comma.
8. Click Add.
You're all set! Any generated, event-related alerts will appear on the Alerts page.