With Atera's ScreenConnect integration, easily connect to your customers' computers with one click. Anytime, anywhere access lets you remotely control devices and help your customers whether they’re around the corner, or across the world. The integration is for Windows OS only.
This article describes:
- To use ScreenConnect with Atera, you'll need to have a valid ScreenConnect account. If you don't have one, you can sign up at ScreenConnect (along with your account, you'll also receive access to a ScreenConnect management console).
- If you have existing customer/host listings, groupings, or hierarchies on your ScreenConnect management console, Atera will not touch them. We won’t overrun any of the existing organizational structure. However, if there are no hosts listed on the console, then the hosts you add on Atera will be copied to the ScreenConnect management console.
ScreenConnect Integration Setup
To set up ScreenConnect on Atera, you'll need to locate your ScreenConnect URL and ScreenConnect Installer URL on your ScreenConnect/ConnectWise Management console (https://cloud.screenconnect.com/#/account). You'll also need to locate your ScreenConnect Instance ID in your 'File Explorer'.
This section provides detailed information about how to:
- Locate your ScreenConnect URL
- Locate your ScreenConnect installer URL (for Windows)
- Locate your ScreenConnect instance ID
- Set up ScreenConnect in Atera
To locate your ScreenConnect URL
1. Log on to your ScreenConnect Management Console and click Access (on the side panel)
2. Click to open the profile icon menu and select Control Panel.
The Instances page appears. Your ScreenConnect URL is located here (see image below).
To locate your ScreenConnect Installer URL (for Windows):
1. Log on to your ScreenConnect Management Console.
2. Click Access (on the side panel) and then click Build +.
3. The Build Installer screen appears. Click the 'Type' drop-down menu and select Windows (.msi).
4. Click Copy URL > Copy to save the URL to your clipboard. Click Done.
Note: You can also use your own hosted ScreenConnect Installer URL. Atera supports self-hosted URLs.
To locate your ScreenConnect Instance ID:
1. Open your 'File Explorer' and click This PC.
2. Click OS (C:).
3. Navigate to Program Files (or Program Files x86 for 32-bit computers).
3. Search for 'ScreenConnect Client'.
The ScreenConnect Instance ID is the number/letter combination that appears in parenthesis (see image below).
2. Copy the ScreenConnect Instance ID so you can paste it into Atera:
To set up ScreenConnect in Atera:
1. From Admin (on the sidebar), click Settings. The Settings page appears.
2. Click Remote access, then the ScreenConnect tab, to view the ScreenConnect settings.
3. Paste or enter your ScreenConnect URL, Instance ID, and Installer URL copied in the steps above into the 'Remote Access Settings' on the Atera platform. You can also set ScreenConnect as your default remote access, by clicking the Set as Default button. Then click Save.
That's it! You can now remotely connect to your customers with ScreenConnect. To remotely connect to a customer see the below instructions
- Please make sure that pop-ups for Atera are enabled in your browser.
- Please ensure there are no spaces in your ScreenConnect Installer URL. There have been instances of spaces appearing when copying over self-hosted ScreenConnect Installer URLs, which will prevent proper setup.
Remote Connection with ScreenConnect
You can remotely connect to your customer in four ways:
Note: The first time you connect to a device, ScreenConnect will automatically be installed. It may take up to a minute for the installation to complete, but once installed, the remote connection will begin automatically.
To remotely connect from the Devices page:
1. From Devices (on the sidebar), find your device.
2. From the Connect drop-down menu in the Remote Access column, click ScreenConnect.
To remotely connect from the Agent Console
1. From Devices (on the sidebar), select your device. The Agent Console appears.
2. Click to open the Connect drop down menu and select ScreenConnect.
To remotely connect from the Customers page:
1. From Customers (on the sidebar), select your customer. The Customer page appears.
2. Navigate to the Devices tab at the top of the screen.
3. Click to open the Connect drop-down menu and select ScreenConnect for the device you want to connect to.
To remotely connect from within a ticket:
1. From Tickets (on the sidebar), select a ticket.
The ticket appears.
2. Click to open the Connect drop-down menu and select ScreenConnect.
The remote connection will begin.
ScreenConnect Q and A
Q. What happens if there is a previous ScreenConnect host on my customer’s computer?
A. If there is already a ScreenConnect host installed on your customer’s computer, Atera won't reinstall the host. You'll be able to remotely connect with your customer from the Atera platform, using the host.
If there is no host installed, once you set up the integration and initiate a connection with the customer, we'll automatically deploy the latest version of the host to your customer.
Q. Is ScreenConnect remote access included in the Atera subscription cost, or is there an additional fee?
A. ScreenConnect remote access is an integration that is included in the Atera subscription cost. That being said, if you don’t currently use ScreenConnect, but would like to, you will need to purchase the license directly from ScreenConnect's site. Otherwise, if you already use ScreenConnect, you can enjoy all the features of the integration.
Q. Where do I purchase a ScreenConnect remote access?
A. You can purchase the license from ScreenConnect's site.
Q. What about other remote access integrations?
A. We currently have integrations for Splashtop and Anydesk as well as a TeamViewer integration. If there are other integrations you’d like to see us add, please visit the Atera ideas board and let us know. We love hearing your suggestions.
Q. What about the Splashtop remote access integration? Will it remain free?
A. Splashtop remote access will remain unchanged, so you can continue to enjoy it, and yes, it will remain free.