The first step to using Atera is logging in. This article discusses logging in, the password reset process, failed log in attempts, and changing login settings.
You can log in to Atera from www.atera.com. With the 'Basic' default login setting, all that's required is your email address and password (however, we highly recommend setting up two-factor authentication for added security).
Note: With the 'Basic' default login setting, certain platform features are disabled for your security (e.g., uninstalling Webroot antivirus, adding/editing scripts...)
Password reset process
Forgetting a password is very common and easy to fix. If you forget your password:
1. Click Forgot password? on the login page.
2. Enter your email, and click Reset password. An email, with a Reset Code, will be sent to you.
3. Fill in the form:
- Copy and paste the Reset Code from the email to the form.
- Enter a new password and re-type the password.
- Click Reset & log in. You are now logged in.
Note: For security reasons, you can reset your password only once in an hour.
Failed log in attempts