Ticket Automation Rules enable you to set actions that automatically trigger when certain ticket actions occur (e.g., new ticket created, closed, updated). This article explains the Ticket Automation Rule 'AI Auto-Tags' condition which enables you to automate various actions based on specific automated ticket tags. Possible actions include automated emails as well as auto assignment of technicians and ticket fields.
Common Use Case
One typical use case enables creating a rule based on a specific AI Auto-Tag such as, for example, 'Hardware/Printing Device' for the purpose of assigning all printer issues to a certain technician.
For other automation rules utilizing our AI Auto-Tags, check out:
- Setting the ticket priority based on the auto-tag
- Automating an email response based on the auto-tag
To automatically assign a technician based on the AI Auto-Tag:
1. From Admin (on the side panel), click Ticket Automation Rules
The Ticket Automation Rules page appears.
2. Click Add New Rule
The Add Rule form appears.
3. Fill in the form:
- Enter Rule Name: Auto Tag Printer (per our example)
- Enter Description: assign specific technician when there's a printer issue
- Select Trigger: New Ticket Created
- Ignore Flow is applicable when there are multiple automation rules. Selecting 'Yes' enables this rule to operate regardless of rule hierarchy and structure. Learn more
- Ensure Active is set to 'Yes'
4. Click Add
The rule is created and visible on the displayed Ticket Automation Rules page.
5. Click the rule name to manage the Conditions and Actions.
The Conditions and Actions appear.
6. Add a Condition:
- Select Ticket Field: Auto Ticket Tag (BETA)
- Select Operator: Equals
- Under Expected Value: Hardware / Printing Device
- Check the Must Match checkbox
- When done, click Add, to add the condition
7. Add an Action:
- Select Action Type: Set Field Value
- Under Related Field/Email Template, select Technician
- Under Value, select the specific technician
- When done, click Add, to add the action
The rule is now active. When a newly-created ticket is auto-tagged as 'Hardware/Printing Device', the ticket will automatically be assigned to the specified technician.