From creating contracts and tickets to billing your customers, managing your books has never been simpler. With Atera and QuickBooks Desktop, exporting individual invoices or entire invoice batches is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
You need to have an active QuickBooks Desktop subscription plan. For a comprehensive list of system requirements, see System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021
Export Invoices to QuickBooks Desktop
Once an invoice batch has been created and invoices generated and reviewed, you can export the invoices to QuickBooks Desktop. If you haven't yet created an invoice batch or generated invoices, see Create an Invoice Batch
To export invoices to QuickBooks Desktop:
1. Click Billing, on the left-hand side panel.
The Billing page appears.
2. Select the invoice batch you'd like to export.
The Invoice Batch page appears.
3. Click Export invoices.
The Export Invoices window appears.
4. In the QuickBooks tile, select Desktop.
The QuickBook Desktop Export Settings window appears.
5. Select whether you want to use Atera's auto-generated invoice sequence number or your own custom invoice sequence number.
Note: If you set the custom invoice sequence number, invoices will be generated starting with the custom numeric sequence entered.
6. Click Export.
Atera will download the Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file to your device. IIF files are used to import and export your lists and transaction to and from QuickBooks Desktop.
7. Once the download is complete, open and import the file into QuickBooks Desktop.
For more information, see Export, import, and edit IIF files