Atera's Alerts page is your central hub for monitoring the real-time health of your end-user devices. Once you have created an alert threshold profile and assigned it to a folder, agent, or customer, you will see all your alerts populate on this page. Additionally, you can set up Network Discovery alerts and app alerts both of which will also be displayed on the Alerts page. Plus, you can use the bulk action options to snooze, resolve, or delete alerts, or customize view configurations to fit your preferences.
Customizing the Alerts page
The Alerts page is highly customizable, allowing you to easily view and manage your alerts according to your specific needs and preferences. Get more information by expanding one or all alerts, switch between a 'Compact' or 'Default' row density view, reorder, resize, show or hide columns, and save multiple view configurations.
This section describes:
- How to see more alert info
- Changing the row density view
- Editing the column options
- Reordering and resizing columns
- Saving private view configurations
To see more alert information:
On the Alerts page, click the dropdown icon () of the alert to see more information.
To change the row density view:
1. From Alerts (on the sidebar), click the gear icon (). The dropdown menu appears.
To edit column options:
You can add or remove columns to fit your preferences.
1. From Alerts (on the sidebar), click the gear icon () and then click Edit columns from the dropdown menu.
The column options checklist appears.
2. Choose the columns to be displayed on the Alerts page from the following options:
- Customer logo: This column displays the logo for the customer associated with the alert.
- Details: This column displays the title of the alert as well as clickable links to the customer page associated with the alert, the device the alert was created for, and the scan details in case the alert was generated via a Network Discovery scan.
- Customer name: This column displays the customer name associated with the alert with a clickable link to that customer's page.
- Device name: This column displays the device which the alert was generated for with a clickable link to the associated Agent Console.
- Network scan: This column displays a clickable link to the network scan for Network Discovery alerts only.
- Created: This column displays when the alert was created.
- Severity: This column displays the severity of the alert (Information, Warning, Critical).
- Alert category: This column displays the alert category (Hardware, Disk, Availability, Performance, Exchange, General, Network).
- Status: This column displays the status of the ticket (Open, Resolved, Snoozed).
- Ticket: This column displays any tickets that are associated with the alert. If no tickets are currently associated with the alert, you can create or assign a ticket directly within the alert by clicking Create ticket > Create new ticket or Assign existing ticket.
- Device type: This column displays information about the type of device the alert was created for (Agent PC, Agent Server, Mac Agent, HTTP, SNMP, TCP, Generic).
- Customer rank: This column displays customer rank information (Gold, Silver, Blocked).
- Manage device: If the device the alert was generated for is online, you can perform a number of actions such as installing patches, managing the device's software inventory, viewing the task manager, running a script, and more.
To reorder and resize columns:
You can easily reorder and resize the columns on the Alerts page to create a customized layout that fits your needs. Simply click and drag the columns to your desired placement, and then release to set the new order. You can also resize the columns by hovering your cursor over the boundary between two columns and then dragging to adjust the width.
- You can also reorder columns by clicking the gear icon () > Edit columns and clicking and dragging the column options to your desired placement.
- You have the option to adjust the width of the columns to fit within the available space on the page. To automatically resize the columns, click the gear icon () > Fit to table width.
Saving private view configurations:
1. When you're done customizing the Alerts page, click Save view. The Save view window appears.
2. Name your view and add an optional view category. Then click Save.
Your new view will be added to the view dropdown menu for easy access in the future.
Note: The saved view configurations on the Alerts page are private and therefore, will only be accessible to the person who created them.
Filtering the alerts page
1. From Alerts (on the sidebar), click Filters.
The filters appear.
2. Select your filters:
- Customers: Filter by one, some, or all of your customers
- Severity: Filter by alert severity (Information, Warning, Critical).
- Status: Filter by the status of the alert (Open, Snoozed, Resolved).
- Alert category: Filter by alert category (Hardware, Disk, Availability, Performance, Exchange, General, Network).
- Device type: Filter by the type of device the alert was created for (Agent PC, Agent Server, Mac Agent, HTTP, SNMP, TCP, Generic).
- SNMP ype: If 'SNMP' is selected as the Device Type, filter by Access Point, Access Server, CheckPoint, File Server, Firewall, Gateway, Hub, IP Phone, Layer 3 Switch, Linux Device, Load Balancer, Management, Management Controller, NAS, Network Bridge/ Extender, Other, Print Server, Printer, Router, SAN Switch, Storage, Switch, Tape Library, UPS, WAN Accelerator, Web Caching, Wireless LAN Controller.
- Customer rank: Filter by customer rank (Gold, Silver, Blocked).
- Alerts with associated tickets: Check the box to display alerts with associated tickets only.
Bulk actions on the Alerts page
Snooze, resolve, or delete alerts directly within the Alerts page.
1. From Alerts (on the sidebar), check the box in the row of the alert you want to snooze, delete, or resolve.
Note: You can perform these bulk actions on one, multiple, or all alerts.
2. Click Delete, Snooze, or Resolve to perform the bulk action.
The action will be applied to all selected alerts.