Writing scripts ain't like dusting crops, kid! While mistakes made won't have you bouncing through a supernova, they can still cause headaches and extra work. That's why we're super stoked to leverage the power of OpenAI so you can generate script recommendations — tailored to your specific needs — using AI! This will save you loads of time and effort, increasing your efficiency and productivity. We're super excited about this and we know you'll be as well!
- Generative AI script recommendation is available as a beta feature. As such, we recommend you review all scripts generated to ensure proper functionality.
- If you'd like early access to this beta feature, please contact support or your customer success manager.
This article describes:
How it works
How are the script recommendations generated?
We partnered up with OpenAI to generate scripts using AI within Atera. From a set of simple or complex instructions, you're now able to generate powerful scripts in no time. It's the perfect combination of simplicity and sophistication.
What do I add to the instructions?
To generate a script, enter the specific commands or instructions that you want the script to execute when run. These instructions could include advanced tasks such as running other programs, performing calculations, or manipulating files or data.
What are the examples?
The example script descriptions are the most cloned scripts in Atera's Shared Script Library. We've provided these examples if you need help or inspiration in writing out script descriptions. When you select an example, the script's description will automatically populate in the Describe what the script should do field.
Note: You can always tweak the generated instructions to suit your specific needs, before generating a script.
What happens when I create a script using AI?
As with any other script, it will appear in the My Scripts tab on the Scripts page. From here, it can be edited, shared with the Shared Script Library, or deleted. And of course, it can be applied to IT automation profiles and threshold profiles.
Generate scripts using AI
We'll start as we always have, by setting up our script. Once we have the name, description, and properties set, we can generate a script recommendation using AI!
To generate a script recommendation using AI:
1. From Admin, click Scripts.
The Scripts page appears.
2. Click Create script. The Create script page appears.
3. Enter the script name and select the file type (.bat, .ps1, or .sh).
4. Enter the script description.
Note: This description will appear on the Scripts page, under the Description column.
5. Optional: Click the More script settings dropdown to include:
- Category: Enter the script category (e.g., "AI-generated scripts")
- Max script run time (in minutes): Enter the max run time. The default max run time is 10 minutes.
- Arguments: Enter the script arguments.
- Run as: Choose from System or Current user.
Now it's AI time!
6. Describe what the script should do.
Note: Select from any of the examples provided if you want to see example script descriptions.
7. Make any necessary changes to the script description. Then click Generate.
Holy aioli! The AI-generated script appears within the Script editor.
9. Make any necessary changes to the generated script. Then click Create (top right of the page).