Any business can be at risk of losing important data. Lost data leads to costly downtime, customer dissatisfaction, regulatory fines, and lost revenue. Acronis Cyber Backup delivers data protection that meets today’s demands. It keeps your business running, protecting any workload, scaling without limits, and saving you money. Learn more about Acronis Cyber Backup.
Atera's integration with Acronis enables you to simply and seamlessly ensure your customers' data stays safe.
In this article, we will describe how to:
To use Acronis:
1. Select Acronis, from the side panel.
The Acronis activation screen appears.
Note: Only an Admin can sign up for Acronis.
2. Click Subscribe to get started using Acronis.
Note: Clicking 'Subscribe' gives you a 30-day free trial on each of your customers. You will only be charged if you stay on, after each trial period ends.
3. Next, submit your email address.
4. Check for an email from Acronis, and click Activate account (within the email).
5. When prompted, create a password, and click Next.
6. Once activated, you can manage Acronis within Atera by clicking Manage Acronis backup (from Acronis, on the side panel).
The Acronis Dashboard appears.
Note: Acronis-related alerts will appear within the Acronis Dashboard. Learn more about Acronis alerts.
To delete backups of any machine:
1. On the Backup Storage tab, select the location from which you want to delete the backups.
2. Select a group.
3. Do one of the following:
- To delete a single backup, click Show backups, select the backup to delete, and then click the icon > Delete.
- To delete the selected group, click Delete.
4. Confirm your decision.
For more methods on deleting Acronis backups, please refer to this article.
- When a backup is deleted, all of its data is permanently erased. Deleted data cannot be recovered.
- Deleting devices does not necessarily delete the backups. In order not to be charged, the backups need to be deleted as well alongside the devices.
To delete a device:
1. Access Acronis Dashboard
2. Go to Devices > All Devices
3. Select the device you wish to delete (the device of which backups you deleted previously)
4. Click the Delete button