In addition to enabling monitoring of your customers' computers and servers (via installed agents), Atera also enables monitoring of printers, RAIDs, routers, and other SNMP devices. This article describes the process of adding your customers' SNMP devices to Atera. Once added these devices can be monitored in various ways.
To add an SNMP device:
1. From the + sign on the top, right of the screen click New SNMP.
The Add Device screen appears.
2. Select the company you wish to assign the device to, by clicking the Assign to Customer drop down list.
3. Select the Folder you wish to add the device to, by clicking the Append To Folder drop down list.
4. Select the Monitoring Agent from the drop down list. This is the designated agent within the network that will monitor the SNMP device.
The status of the monitoring agent will be populated.
5. Enter the name of the device in the Name text entry box.
6. Enter the description of the device in the Description text entry box.
7. Enter the Hostname / IP Address of the device.
8. Enter the name of the community, in the Community text entry box.
9. Select the Type of SNMP device from the dropdown list.
10. Set the port number of the device in the Port field.
11. Select the Version number from the dropdown list.
12. Click Save.
You are automatically diverted to the new SNMP device console, where you can monitor and manage the device.
Note: Following the completion of the above, you can add the Object Identifiers (OIDs) you wish to monitor. OIDs are addresses used to identify parameters for monitoring purposes. Atera automatically adds certain OIDs for monitoring, however, you can modify these and also add your own Learn how to add OIDs in Atera.