Bitdefender is an advanced cybersecurity solution that prevents, detects, and responds to all threats to your end-user devices.
- If you were already using Bitdefender through another partner, you can migrate your account over to Atera
- To deploy Bitdefender to your end-user devices, see Install Bitdefender via Atera
- For pricing information, see Atera Subscription Information
This article describes:
GravityZone Cloud MSP Security
Bitdefender GravityZone Cloud MSP Security includes the following core features:
- Antimalware: Based on signature scanning and heuristic analysis (e.g., B-HAVE, ATC).
- Advanced Threat Control: This works as a malware/network attack defense.
- Advanced Anti-Exploit: Catches the latest exploits in real-time and mitigates memory corruption vulnerabilities that can evade other security solutions.
- Risk Management: Helps to identify and remediate a large number of network and operating system risks on the endpoint level.
- Firewall: Helps to protect endpoints from inbound and outbound unauthorized connection attempts.
- Network Protection (with Content Control and Network Attack Defense): Focused on detecting network attacks designed to gain access to endpoints through specific attacks (e.g., brute force, network exploits).
- Device Control: Helps by preventing sensitive data leakage and malware infections via external devices attached to endpoints such as USB flash drives, Bluetooth devices, CD/DVD, etc.
- Web Filtering: Helps to schedule web access while blocking or allowing certain web categories or URLs.
- Ransomware Mitigation: Ability to restore files encrypted in a ransomware attack from tamper-proof copies. You can find the Ransomware Mitigation settings under the Antimalware > On-execute policy section.
Complement Bitdefender GravityZone Cloud MSP Security with the following add-ons:
- Disk Encryption ($1.10 per device per month)
- Email Security ($1.80 per mailbox per month)
- Exchange Security ($1.10 per mailbox per month)
- Advanced Threat Security ($1.50 per device per month)
- Endpoint Detection and Response ($1.30 per device per month)
- Disk Encryption, Email Security, and Exchange Security are all enabled during the trial period. Disable these add-ons during your trial if you don't want to incur charges for these add-ons once your trial ends.
- Advanced Threat Security is disabled by default.
- The Patch Management and Virtual Devices add-ons are not available after the trial period ends.
Get started with Bitdefender
This section describes:
- Only an Admin can activate Bitdefender.
- The CompanyName and AccountFullName in Atera must be unique and not contain special characters. First and last names must be shorter than 60 characters.
To activate Bitdefender GravityZone Cloud:
1. From Add-ons > Bitdefender (on the sidebar), click Get started.
The Activate Bitdefender window appears.
2. Enter your email address and click Try Bitdefender to begin your free, 45-day trial.
3. Check your email to activate Bitdefender.
4. Open the Bitdefender email containing your login link, username, and password.
5. Click on the Bitdefender Control Center Address, within the email.
6. Log in.
7. Accept the terms and conditions. Then click Continue.
Bitdefender has been activated and your free, 45-day trial period has begun.
Note: You can bypass the trial (which has a 25 endpoint limit), and start your paid subscription immediately.
Now that you've activated your account, see how to:
To manage your Bitdefender account:
1. From Add-ons > Bitdefender (on the sidebar), click Manage account.
You will be redirected to your GravityZone account.
2. Sign in. The Bitdefender Dashboard appears.
Once you're all set up on Bitdefender, you can optionally set up Bitdefender alerting in Atera to get alerts about the last signature update and scan, or if Bitdefender's antivirus or firewall feature becomes inactive.
Create a company
When you activate Bitdefender, the company automatically created within the Bitdefender console cannot be used when deploying the Bitdefender agent via Atera. You will need to create a new company (a child company beneath it); this is the customer with whom your endpoint package will be associated.
To create a company within Bitdefender:
1. From Companies (on the GravityZone sidebar), click Add Company.
The Add Company wizard appears.
2. Fill in the BASIC COMPANY DETAILS:
- Company name: Enter the company name.
- Company type: Select "Customer".
- Country: Select the country.
- Field of activity: Select the field of activity (e.g., agriculture, healthcare, retail).
3. Under SECURITY MANAGEMENT OPTIONS, enable the company's Partner to assist with security management.
4. Add a primary user account for the company and any additional contact information (optional).
5. Click NEXT.
6. Set up 2FA, password expiration options, and single sign-on using SAML.
7. Select a licensing option:
- Trial: Gain access to all products and add-ons for the next 30-days.
- License: Enter the license key, and click CHECK VALIDITY.
- Monthly subscription: Select subscription preferences, product type, and add-ons.
- You will only be charged once you install the Bitdefender client/agent on at least one endpoint. Otherwise, you will not be charged.
- Your subscription will be affected by the optional add-on features you enable. Learn how to enable or disable Bitdefender add-ons
8. Click SAVE AND ADD COMPANY.
Add an endpoint package
To create an endpoint package within Bitdefender:
1. From Packages (on the GravityZone sidebar), click Add.
The New Endpoint Package window appears.
2. Enter General information:
- Name: Enter the endpoint package name
- Description: Enter a description.
- Language: Select a language.
- Company: Select a company.
Note: You must select a company that you manually created — not the parent/MSP company that was automatically created when you created your Bitdefender account.
3. Under Security Modules & Roles, select the modules and roles.
4. When you've finished configuring the package, click Save.
Your Bitdefender subscription charges will be affected by the optional add-on features you enable and/or disable. If you want to uninstall Bitdefender endpoints or deactivate your Bitdefender integration, see Uninstall Bitdefender Clients
To view Bitdefender subscription details:
1. From Admin (on the sidebar), click Subscription.
The Subscription page appears.
2. Click the Bitdefender tab.
The billing cycle and subscription details appear. The subscription details include the products enabled, their associated usage, and their cost.
See a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Bitdefender GravityZone Cloud
Note: For further information or for troubleshooting the Bitdefender platform, please contact Bitdefender support