Bitdefender is an advanced cybersecurity solution that prevents, detects, and responds to all threats to your end-user devices.
- If you were already using Bitdefender through another partner, you can migrate your account over to Atera
For billing information, see Atera Subscription Information
To sync your Atera customers to Bitdefender, see Atera's App Center
To deploy Bitdefender to your end-user devices, see Install Bitdefender via Atera
GravityZone Cloud MSP Security
Bitdefender GravityZone Cloud MSP Security includes the following core features:
- Antimalware: Based on signature scanning and heuristic analysis (e.g., B-HAVE, ATC).
- Advanced Threat Control: This works as a malware/network attack defense.
- Advanced Anti-Exploit: Catches the latest exploits in real-time and mitigates memory corruption vulnerabilities that can evade other security solutions.
- Risk Management: Helps identify and remediate many network and operating system risks on the endpoint level.
- Firewall: Helps to protect endpoints from inbound and outbound unauthorized connection attempts.
- Network Protection (with Content Control and Network Attack Defense): Focused on detecting network attacks designed to gain access to endpoints through specific attacks (e.g., brute force, network exploits).
- Device Control: Helps by preventing sensitive data leakage and malware infections via external devices attached to endpoints such as USB flash drives, Bluetooth devices, CD/DVD, etc.
- Web Filtering: Helps to schedule web access while blocking or allowing certain web categories or URLs.
- Ransomware Mitigation: Ability to restore files encrypted in a ransomware attack from tamper-proof copies. You can find the Ransomware Mitigation settings under the Antimalware > On-execute policy section.
Complement Bitdefender GravityZone Cloud MSP Security with the following add-ons:
- Disk Encryption
- Email Security
- Exchange Security
- ATS (Advanced Threat Security)
- EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response)
- EDR Standalone
- XDR (eXtended Detection and Response)
- MDR Foundations
- Integrity Monitoring
- Mobile security
- The MDR Foundations add-on will apply to all endpoints within the Bitdefender 'company' when enabled. Learn more
- Disk Encryption, Email Security, and Exchange Security are all enabled during the trial period. Disable these add-ons during your trial if you don't want to incur charges for these add-ons once your trial ends.
- Advanced Threat Security is disabled by default.
- The Patch Management and Virtual Devices add-ons are not available after the trial period ends.
- Full admin access is required to activate Bitdefender.
- The CompanyName and AccountFullName in Atera must be unique and not contain special characters. First and last names must be shorter than 60 characters.
- It is possible to evaluate Bitdefender without requiring a paid Atera subscription.
To activate Bitdefender:
1. From App Center (on the sidebar), click Bitdefender.
The Bitdefender page appears.
2. Click Get started.
3. Enter your email address and click Activate to begin your free, 45-day trial.
4. Check your email to activate Bitdefender.
5. Open the Bitdefender email containing your login link, username, and password.
6. Click on the Bitdefender Control Center Address, within the email.
7. Log in.
8. Accept the terms and conditions. Then click Continue.
We recommend syncing your customers to Bitdefender via Atera's App Settings — you could also create them manually within your Bitdefender GravityZone console (which we detail below).
Note: You'll need to create an endpoint installation package and assign it to your synced (or manually created) customers in Bitdefender. Once this is done, you can easily deploy the Bitdefender Agent via Atera
This section describes:
To manage your Bitdefender account:
1. Sign in to your Bitdefender account. The Bitdefender GravityZone Dashboard appears.
Once you're all set up on Bitdefender, you can optionally set up Bitdefender alerting in Atera to get alerts about the last signature update and scan, or if Bitdefender's antivirus or firewall feature becomes inactive.
Create a company
When you activate Bitdefender, the company automatically created within the Bitdefender console cannot be used when deploying the Bitdefender agent via Atera. You will need to create a new company (a child company beneath it); this is the sitecustomer with whom your endpoint package will be associated.
To create a company within Bitdefender:
1. From Companies (on the GravityZone sidebar), click Add Company.
The Add Company wizard appears.
2. Fill in the BASIC COMPANY DETAILS:
- Company name: Enter the company name.
- Company type: Select "Customer".
- Country: Select the country.
- Field of activity: Select the field of activity (e.g., agriculture, healthcare, retail).
3. Under SECURITY MANAGEMENT OPTIONS, enable the company's Partner to assist with security management.
4. Add a primary user account for the company and any additional contact information (optional).
5. Click NEXT.
6. Set up 2FA, password expiration options, and single sign-on using SAML. Then click Next.
7. For the licensing option, choose Monthly subscription.
Note: The trial and license models are not supported at this time.
8. Complete the SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS. Then click SAVE AND ADD COMPANY.
The company has been added and appears on the Companies page. Now let's create a new endpoint package!
You will only be charged once you install the Bitdefender client/agent on at least one endpoint. Otherwise, you will not be charged.
Your subscription will be affected by the optional add-on features you enable. Learn how to enable or disable Bitdefender add-ons
Add an endpoint package
To create an endpoint package within Bitdefender:
1. From Installation packages (on the GravityZone sidebar), click Create.
The Create Installation Package window appears.
2. Enter General information:
- Name: Enter the endpoint package name
- Description: Enter a description.
- Language: Select a language.
Company: Select a company.
Note: You must select a company that you manually created — not the parent/MSP company that was automatically created when you created your Bitdefender account.
3. Under Security Modules & Roles, select the modules and roles.
4. When you've finished configuring the package, click Save.
See a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Bitdefender GravityZone
Note: For further information or for troubleshooting the Bitdefender platform, please contact Bitdefender support